Monday, March 15, 2010

Ah, it's good to be back.

The great thing about studying things like literature, of course, is the opportunity to tap into the thoughts of the greatest thinkers past and present. Freud once said that the ego is very much defined by our interactions with others, and never has this resonated more so with me.

I've returned home, and the existential crisis is now gone. I see the life that I have built for myself here, the life that I can always return to, the life that reminds me of who I am, what I stand for - compassion, love and understanding. I remember now, what this state of grace that I used to speak of is, what it is I aspire to.

Because my friends may pull me in many different directions, but this is good - it only renders the core tighter.

No comments: