Sunday, May 07, 2006

Ok I shall stop being boring and do what I do best - Whine.

You know how they say that the SAF is Suffering Agony and Frustration? Well you don't have any of that here in OETI, seeing how the most strenuous activity is probably the march from the monologue (What on EARTH is this anyway, how did a bunch of steel pipes that look like exhaust chimneys come to be called a monologue?) to the cook house. Which serves quite good food, fortunately. But I digress.

Anyway, yes, no Suffering Agony and Frustration, only Stupidity Apathy and Frumpiness. This place can make even the most cheerful people grumpy assholes, I tell you. Firstly, it is a bleeding workshop. That means a strange assortment of grease, exhaust and petrol permeates the air. To add on to that, everything in here (and the blasted goddamn army, because they have no sense of colour coordination), is green or grey. I know camo prints are in (actually I think they're out now but I still see these Project Runway wannabes on the streets who cut up their No.4 and use it as bermudas) but surely there is no need to convert the blasted COVERALLS for to camo print for god's sake. No one is going to try and find and shoot the unarmed PES C mechanic when there are dangerous commandos and guardsmen lurking around, duh.

And because this place is commanded by Warrant Officers (Read - inflexible old penises) it is a stickler for rules. Granted, they most of them are jolly fatherly figures, but the inflexibility of the school is ridiculous. Due to the financial year (Yes, segments of the SAF actually do run out of money) we were unable to obtain coveralls and safety boots for the first month, so for the whole blasted month we had to change in and out of smart 4 just to go for lunch. Why? Oh, CO say so, vest slack cannot go cookhouse. Duh.

Side note: CO looks like a pansy. He's white, fat, and sweats alot when he runs, which I have had the rare opportunity of seeing once in my entire stay in OETI thus far.

That said though, this is probably the best one can get in the army. At least I don't have to run up the hill, down the hill, round the hill, and along any other physical dimension the hill might probably have. The place is probably collapsing anyway, judging from the state of the building, and if it does then we'll all die a young tragic death. Yep, heaven in the army is a dingy workshop with Uncle Mimi. *


*Uncle Mimi – Affectionate term used for WSM 2WO Suhaimi, who bounces ever-so-slightly when he does a sedi ya.

No comments: