Friday, April 22, 2005

Ah have finally filled up LINEAR INTERPOLATION notes. Staying at home today was so much more productive than whatever I could have done in school. I read Love Song of J.Alfred Prufock and am finally stumbling towards the understanding of it. Also read woman warrior, 1 chapter, some Robert Frost, and am starting to appreciate Maxine Hong Kingston better.

In recent events: my maid has been sent home. She probably had enough of my mother's cranky moods and annoying shoutings, and now the brunt of all that has fallen neatly on me. Today I have been yelled at for suggesting she pour out apple juice since there was no cold water, for being unable to hear her call for me from 376570398 rooms away, and other assorted gripes she had with me. I believe she is purposely working herself into a frenzy so she has an outlet for her frustration at finally having to do housework again. I did offer to help, but in her usual "oh-you-cannot-do-anything-you-useless-twat-of-a-son" tone, told me I'd probably burn down our kitchen if I tried to cook instant noodles myself. CT also called, but then again we've been through this argument before, and all she did was say there was nothing she could do about me, in a tone that contrary to its content, suggested that I should actually do something about it.

Which is not untrue, of course, hence the sudden inspiration and motivation that has led to this flurry of revision and studying. My BDDE has unfortunately dropped to a CDDE thanks to an overestimation of my Frost essay. (Was it really so unreasonable to expect something more than an E? Perhaps it was. It is always too much to expect for the Deludedly Overconfident)

Admittedly, I need to be pushed. And, sadly, no one wants to push me. I shall have to work my way out of this inertia myself. Oh well, it's a lesson better learnt now than later.

No comments: