Monday, May 24, 2004

~my weakness caused you pain, and this song is my sorry~

I actually wrote a nice dramatic paragrah about how little i apparently mean to yixun, but i've deleted it at his request. Anyway, yixun is helping me in lit, with strings attached. But what the heck. Eching must not win.

I was talking to yihong about manipulation just now. how appropriate. But anyway, it is quite fair to say that everything is manipulation in one form or another. That buying a girl dinner is in fact trying to get her to like you. A form of bribery. OR that it portrays yourself as being able to provide for her and that you are rich.
But i hope not. I'd always thought that buying a girl dinner was simply to make her happy. And that you'd be happy seeing her happy. As simple as that.
Ah well. i guess everything is a sort of manipulation. The expression of emotions itself is a signal for people to comfort you in times of depression or disappointment, or express joy for your success and happiness.
It isn't fair to label such things with the negative connotations that the word "manipulation" has though. we all have a need to share our joys and sorrows.
Oh well.

Speaking of which, my glasses are killing me. I hope its just temporary.

No comments: