Tuesday, September 14, 2004

I cannot.
Well its true. I lose. I always lose. The way I play, its no surprise I lose after all. This game, I'm just a pawn in a world of kings.
I don't understand how my world-view evolved. Its utterly stupid yet I can't change it. This kind of thinking is the naive thinking you see in childhood stories or Enid Blyton. But really, what influence could possibly have led me to uphold this world view even when everything around me screams otherwise?
Weakness. Its no surprise that I used to dream of just flying off somewhere and just farm. Yes farm. I remember telling my parents that, they told me if you farm you'll never get a tv or a computer or a playstation etc. etc. Things that meant alot when I was 12. I said that if I didn't know it I wouldn't want it. Hah. How village-esque.
I don't know. Have I become so inculcated with these values that i'm trapped in the very weakness they laud? The meek shall inherit the earth indeed. heh.
Clever isn't it. They start on you from young. How roundabout the bible can be sometimes, to trap people in their way of thinking. Subtle mind control at its best. Well at least it points in the general direction of good.

Don't you see. I was never meant to play this game.

No comments: