Friday, September 10, 2004

Lets see. Things I have purchased over the past few days:

1. One (1) Economics by John Sloman. Currently still in plastic wrap and looking pretty.
2. One (1) Da-Vin-Ci Code by Dan Brown. Bought on Monday, finished by Tuesday.
3. One (1) Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom. What kind of surname is Albom anyway. HI MR. ALBOM. Hmm nevermind.

Anyway if you know reading the da-vinci code always inspires people to start blogging about how reading it is very faith-testing and etc. etc. Therefore. I am happy to say that as a rather infrequent church goer, it has done little to impact my faith. Shaky and somewhat non-existent as it is already. Ah well. But even if I were to revert back to about two years ago, it wouldn't have done much. I mean, I'd agree with what the book says, those that really understand their faith believe in the meaning more than the metaphors. I mean really. I never managed to swallow the eucharist bit down my throat. And the other idiosyncratic rituals of the church. But i've really found some of the principles quite appropriate. They're quite good principles to live by. I mean, yeah. Some of them have got me this far. Perhaps doctrine isn't always a bad thing sometimes. If you can pick out the stuff that was originally based on the intent, and the stuff that's just put there to make it look like doctrine. Or perhaps this is just the result of me reading Silas Marner closely the past few days.

Oh yes. Update on my studies: (This is really just more for me to keep track than to upset those of you feeling idyllic and lazy)

1. Re-read Silas Marner up to Chapter 3. Annotating like mad-dick. Will link everything to formation of belief from now on, no matter how remote it may sound.
2. One (1) Complex Numbers Tutorial 10b
3. One (1) Chapter of Economics by John Sloman (Namely Introduction to Economics)
4. Umm. ey shit lah i'm sure i did more than just that.

Oh well.

No comments: