OH well. manymany tings happened since i last blogged.
umm. i went to watch passion of christ wif benjaman. its sad. but its powerful. I don't know, but the part where he told mary to look as he started everything anew really struck me. I din cry. HAH. well maybe that's not a good thing, it could mean my heart's been hardened. But really the movie's good. its powerful and evocative, even if you're not a christian. The way jesus could forgive after all that he went through was truly majestic. The show's a powerful reminder of the fact that he sacrificed himself for our lives. I suppose that's gore being used in a good way. You won't feel the strong sense of pain and horror just by reading the bible, and as such be unable to understand how much he went through for us.
And i think those who become anti-semitic after the show don't really get it. Part of the show's supposed to show the extent and horror of human cruelty. Killing the next jew you see makes you as bad as them.
And anyway, i think emotions stem from questions. you feel something because you ask a question, and this unsaid question is what really evokes emotions. or maybe the unsaid question are a result of the emotions. I don't know. Well there's definitely an unsaid question with every emotion. except maybe happy emotions.
No comments:
Post a Comment