Oh I've forgotten to write down my experience as a statue. I know this is a little late. But its nevertheless one of those things I won't forget so I might as well blog it down.
Its a really fascinating experience. Funny when you're supposed to act still, the world's distractions multiply ten-fold. Of course it might be because there were these people who kept disturbing me, but really at the start I found it really hard to settle down. First there was Mr. Lai who came and put a sweet at my pelvic area, (probably to allude to the action of sucking, but nevermind) then there were other assorted innuendos of pain and whipping AGAIN (really its getting very tiring), etc. etc.
But at the same time it was liberating. Strange isn't it, when in actuality you're confined to keeping still. Makes you wonder about the irony of reaction, of being confined within response. I found myself being able to completely ignore people that I very much wanted to in real life, if only because telling them what they wanted to hear or acting the way they expected was too tiring. Its interesting, because at the beginning I had all these urges to react to people, to respond, to affirm. Yet after a while I realized that I didn't need to. The world didn't stop turning just because Tim didn't respond to someone. It wasn't armaggedon just because I didn't return irritating comments with a forced smile.
Perhaps it was like a blue slip to skip the homework of life.
But then I zonked out after a while. Perhaps not very eloquent, but for lack of better words. I just stared into space, and for a while, it seemed that what I saw, life in all its transience, was but a veil draped over my eyes. And somehow I felt that perhaps if I focused long enough, I could stare past the curtain and escape into a reality that could be so much more entrancing than this tedious masquerade.
And so I spent an hour trying to burn a hole. Through the curtain, with just my eyes.
The soul is willing but the flesh is weak. Unfortunately my piddly-stick-arms (as yixun puts it) felt like giving way after an hour plus of sitting in a reclining position. And as I stepped back into the blinding whirl of life, I felt a little regret as I let the solid constancy slip away.
So I don't recall much of what I saw. But it was enervating. In both actual and wrong usages
No comments:
Post a Comment