Tuesday, March 02, 2004

I can't decide whether to take history or geog

Case for geog:
I want to take geog because firstly, i've taken it in secondary school before. which makes it slightly more familliar than history. But the problem is i've only taken human geography in secondary school, whereas here in jc the geography has all that nice-looking but scary physical geography, with all the rocks and landforms and whatnot. And i hate that kind of thing, because its mostly mugging and memorizing, altho it is quite nice to look at. Human geography is realli more about bullshitting, because its basically explaining what most rational people wuld do given a certain situation, i.e. mainly common sense. Physical geography is all nice and pretty to look at, but when it comes to the crunch where u have to know what forms at thisthisthis trench as a result of thathathat plate and thathatthat plate, i'm not sure i can handle it.

Case for History:
I want to take history because, well because i'm not sure if i want to take geog. But... although i might not want to admit it, part of the reason whye i want to take history is cos the pple taking history are funkier =P. and i want to go someone's class =P. but the problem is, since i've never taken it before, i'm not sure about the subject. from secondary school, it seems that history is similar to human geog, but with a little memorizing thrown in as well when it comes to dates and events. So geography is more well-segregrated in terms of the mugging/non-mugging components, while history isn't. As a subject, history doesn't seem that appealing though. must be all the stereotypes abt history being dusty and old.

The case for geog seems stronger. Of course it is. i don't have any information about history.
I THINK... haiyar damnit i hate committing myself. I hafe commitment problems. haha i'm not going to make a good boyfriend either at this rate.

I tink i'll take........................ history.
I hope i don't regret this

No comments: