Monday, January 10, 2005

I was looking through some of the nonsense I had in my musty old CD drawer. I haven't bought a CD since god knows when, I think primary school. So I was sieving through junk like Backstreet Boys: Millenium and other assorted nonsense when I came upon a rather garish CD case. It was Aqua. Heh so I put it into my player. The results were shocking.

I like Aqua. This is probably the worst yet in my series of confessions about music tastes, but really I do. Its not just the techno electronic beats. Its interesting how barbie girl can be so childish and so sinister at the same time, and scary that I find it poignant. And when I remembered the lead singer died of drug overdose it was just so sad [for current lack of better word due to lousy vocab]. The fairytale she hoped and sung for never came true.

Why this sudden rush of pathos?

No comments: