Sunday, August 07, 2005

I have realised that perhaps I should move blog, if only to get away from the irritating name of pand3monia which I maturely selected in sec4.

In other news - Boycotting Prom seems like a splendid idea. Of course, that is only IF we get it to work.

First and foremost, while I don't deny the number of people saying they don't want to go prom is high, chances are most of these people are just saying that they're not going because alot of people are complaining and the correct conformist view is thus to boycott prom. However, on the basis of conformity, they will also realise sooner or later that everyone IS intending to go prom after all, and that they were just bitching because, well, JC life is about bitching. Thus chances are that they will also be sheepherded into going for prom.

Of course, this problem can be solved, if an alternative is given early enough. IF, and if, an alternative event is organized now, it can ride on the wave of bitchiness incited by the extravagant $88 that the stupid J1 councillors are charging us, and thus become an overwhelming success! Once a few people start subscribing for the alternative event, the sheepherd instinct plus the price factor will inevitably compel the rest of the population to follow suit.

Unfortunately, this is also the hardest part. No one will organize an alternative, because people are just too darn lazy.

As for me? I think I'll follow the crowd, sit around and bitch. Prom is after all a once-in-a-lifetime thing, even if it is a 88-mother-fucking-dollars thing.

No comments: