Saturday, August 13, 2005

Since tanyixun refuses to assure me that I am not insipid, I shall come back here to talk to myself again.

Attention span is very short. I feel like sleeping now, again, after spending most of this day doing nothing else but sleeping. Is it possible to be addicted to sleep?

An interesting question. If you notice, all other addictions are, after all, not unlike sleep. Cigarettes, Drugs, Alcohol, they all serve to send us into a state of oblivion where we stop mulling about life. Cough Syrups included. Is sleep, after all, not also a state of oblivion? If so, then is it not also possible that sleep is addictive?

I have stumbled upon a terrible fact of life. That thing we do at night, you know? We have become subconsciously dependant on it. And like all addictions, the more you indulge, the worse it gets. Come to think of it, withdrawal symptoms are quite similar to sleep deprivation symptoms.

This is ridiculous life is now an accumulation of addictions. Does this mean that the meaning of life is to run away from it?

No comments: