Friday, July 01, 2005

Boys and Girls of Every Age
Wouldn't you like to see something strange?

I watched Nightmare Before Christmas yesterday. And I've just watched Home at the End of the World.

The book was much better. The movie turned it into mostly a single perspective from Bobby, which took away alot of the tension between the three characters that one experiences when reading the book. As a story illustrative of the relationships between three people and one mother, in choosing to use four perspective the book achieves an intimacy with the characters and hence a deeper understanding of their frustrations and failures that the movie loses in its one-sided rendition.

That sounded mildly like a lit essay. Oh well. Clearly not out of commons mood yet.

Next on the DVD watching spree - Closer. Have watched abit, beginning is good although the crash scene is a little corny. But since I experienced too many disruptions in my home I think I shall watch it again tomorrow when the house is quiet in the afternoon. Good movies require privacy and immersion.

Perhaps I'll embark on Lost In Translation before giving it to Yixun. Oh wait he already has it. Ey I remember I promised him something else, but I forgot what it was. Oh well. Finally, must rewatch Eternal Sunshine. No movie has ever made me happier.

Kirsten Dunst is so pretty in the movie! In the Gwyneth Paltrow kind of way. Tragic kind.

On a side note: The females in these four movies all have red hair. Sally, Clare, Alice (in the beginning), and Clementine. Interesting. What is it with women and red hair?

No comments: