Friday, July 22, 2005

You should know something -
This isn't me.

Nope it isn't. I lost little old me a long time ago. So don't expect sincerity here. This is what all of you want to see, no wait - This is what I want to see.

You coined the term yixun - This is projectego.

In other news. Matthewseet's livejournal is annoying. Almost as annoying as Ken Jom's essay that Veluri photostacted. I may be annoying in hiding behind cliches and being afraid to say what I want to say, but these people lie at the other end of the spectrum. The disgusting self-indulgence and delusion is nauseating. The worst part is that they really don't have anything to back up these pompous claims.

If you think about it being conformist and being as deliberately different as possible are not quite polar opposites. In the end both seek to cover the self - the conformist assimilates into the collective identity, while the rebel uses it as a battering shield - all to cover up our fundamental insecurities about the moderate self we hide from the world.

No comments: