I am not myself today. I don't think I shall go school tomorrow.
I am filled with the emotions of others right now, dread, heartbreak, hope, confusion. It is strange, to be a vessel for these emotions which have no direct cause. I feel the heavy limbed weight of dread, the agonising ache of disappointment, the fantastical fluttering of hope and the whirl of confusion all at once. It is not tearing me apart, I am strong with these things. But nevertheless, I lose sense of myself. I cannot concentrate on this source based study I'm supposed to be doing.
I must do something. I must distract the dread, I must uplift disappointment, I must delude with hope, and I must sort out confusion. I must do something, but I cannot. The causes are not my own, I cannot find the solutions. Forgive me if I stumble, I am only trying to find your way in the dark. Or am I?
Rage has not infected me. No, emotions foreign to you do not demand that you do something for them as well. You do not understand his indignance, you do not understand his rage, you do not understand his betrayal. Can you really assert altruism in your efforts? I don't think so -
Catharsis must occur - You are really as selfish as anyone else Tim.
No comments:
Post a Comment